Member on the Move 2013 Awards
The Young Technical Professional Member on the Move Award is awarded to NSBE-Alumni Extension member(s) (0 to 5 years career professional) who have made outstanding contributions to the Alumni Extension and NSBE in general in the areas of program participation, membership recruitment and retention, and leadership. In addition, the award winners are primed to make a technical impact at their place of employment. The dedication of the awardee(s) has had an impact on their chapter, community and/or region. A special emphasis will be placed on achievements based on increasing program participation and building the NSBE professional brand among young technical professionals in their chapter and/or region.
Nominees are required to be a nationally paid alumni member.
The Young Technical Professional Member on the Move will be recognized at the Alumni Extension Luncheon on Thursday, March 29, 2013 during the 39th Annual Convention. Please indicate if the nominee will attend the Annual Convention.
Register for Convention TODAY!
AWARD: Up to three (3) $200 Awards
Award recipients will be selected based on a combination of the following criteria:
• NSBE-AE Service and Involvement (Chapter, Regional, and/or National)
• Fulfillment of the NSBE Mission and the AE Vision
• Community Service outside of NSBE
• Phone interview, conducted by the National Alumni Chair Elect, Membership Chair, and YTP Awards Committee
Service from September 1, 2011 to December 31, 2012 will be considered for this award.
Nominees should be selected by a person who believes that he/she deserves to be recognized as an Alumni member on the move. The person making the nomination may select more than one nominee and self-nominations are allowed. A letter of recommendation from their local chapter, regional or national Alumni leader must accompany the application of self-nominees.
• All nominees must be nationally paid NSBE-AE member.
• NSBE-AE members at-large are not eligible.
• All nominations must be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a party external to NSBE asserting the technical achievements of the nominee.
Supplemental application materials are listed below. Please email these required items to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bio of Nominee
• Resume or CV of nominee
• Headshot (300 dpi) (Include full name of applicant as seen on their application form in email)
• A letter of recommendation from a party external to NSBE asserting the technical achievements of the nominee
• Self-nominees must submit at least one letter of recommendation from a local chapter or regional Alumni leader
Start the submission process by clicking here.
YTP Member Spotlights
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 26, 2013
We would like to spotlight young technical professional members in the YTP corner. The spotlights need to be focused on the transition of a YTP member (within the first 5 years of corporate experience) and any accomplishments they may have achieved. Articles need to be 150 words or less and must include a 300 dpi resolution photo of size 4" x 6" or larger in JPEG, TIFF or EPS format.
Send submissions to Ronke Adetoba at email@example.com.